2017 Beekeeping Essay Contest information. This year’s essay will be submitted online through Texas 4-H Connect.
2017 Essay Topic: “How can MP3 (Managed Pollinator Protection Plan) more effectively protect honey bees from pesticide exposure?”
Deadline for submission will be Friday, January 27, 2017.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three winners from Texas 4-H:
- 1st Place: $300.00
- 2nd Place: $200.00
- 3rd Place: $100.00
Texas 4-H Contest Sponsored by : A complete list of sponsors will be sent to participants for thank you purposes by February 1, 2017.
The information will be added to the Texas 4-H website http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/entomology/ . We will upload sponsorship information to the page as well once received.
4-H Coloring Contest and Art Contest:
ATTENTION: Open to Clover Kids and all 4-H members- The Texas 4-H Youth Development Program is partnering with the Texas A&M Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory to help celebrate their 50th Anniversary of ensuring the safety of our state. To do this the TVMDL is sponsoring a coloring contest for Texas 4-H Clover Kids and an art and photography contest for 4-H members. The contest will run from January 1, 2017 to April 1, 2017 and all entries are to be turned into the Extension Office and we will scan them and enter them on 4-H Connect. This does means that all Clover Kids and 4-H members will need to have an active profile in 4-H CONNECT to enter. To enter the contest and for more information, please go to: https://counties.agrilife.org/mc4h/state-4-h-opportunities/.
Roundup T-Shirt Design Contest
This year’s theme for Texas 4-H Roundup is “DREAM ON“. We are seeking the help of 4-H members across the state to design this year’s Commemorative Roundup T-shirt.
The winning design will receive credit as the designer, their name and county will be noted on the shirt, as well as a $150 gift card.
Deadline to submit is February 28, 2017. Submission is via FormSite at https://fs4.formsite.com/state4h/tshirtdesign/index.html
- Design ideas should be your original work.
- Design must include the words “Texas 4-H Roundup” the year “2017” and be related to the “Dream On” theme.
- Images may be hand drawn or computer generated.
- Electronic images must be in high resolution image formatting. Hand drawn images can be scanned and submitted (300 dpi).
- If selected, images may be modified slightly for printing purposes.
- Participation is open to any Texas 4-H member as verified through 4-H Connect Enrollment.
- All submissions become the property of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Texas 4-H Youth Development Program.
- 4-H members release all rights to submission of design.