Milam County 4-H County Council Officer Intent to Run Form 2021 NEW AND UPDATED:Milam County 4-H County Council Officer Intent to Run Form 2021-2022
County Council Meeting will be held on April 22nd at 5:30pm at the YEB in Cameron. The meeting will be just about electing officers and discussing future plans for the year such as banquet and other leadership opportunities.
In accordance with our COVID protocols. Please make sure you fill out the covid release form before attending the meeting. A few forms will be available but we encourage you to have those filled out online or in person early so it does not hold up the meeting nor the sign in. Masks and social distancing are encouraged. You are allowed to take off your mask while speaking. You can grab these at: https://counties.agrilife.org/mc4h/files/2020/08/Screening-Letter-COVID-19-Youth-Overnight-events-6.12.20.pdf or complete them ONLINE. Remember ALL adults and youth MUST complete a form if they are attending the meeting.
County Council Officer Election Process
County Council Officer Election process will consist of 2 parts:
- 2 Minute Speech (in front of voting delegates)
- Vote by Voting Delegates
Explanation of Process:
- 2 Minute Speech: The Candidate will give a 2 minute speech about running for office. The Speech will be given to the voting delegates. Items to include in speech and items evaluated will be:
- Speech Structure (Introduction, Body, Conclusion)
- Speech Delivery (Confidence, Well organized, Language-Body and Speech)
- Content should include:
- Years in 4-H
- Previous Leadership and Service Experiences
- Why do you want to run for office?
- Why would you be a good officer?
- Vote by Voting Delegates: Voting Delegates will vote on candidates running.
Calculation of Results:
- The Candidate with the highest vote will win.
- Calculation of Results will take place and give results to President to announce.
- If in an event there is a tie of votes. Then if more than 2 candidates are running the tie will be revoted on between the 2 tied. If only 2 candidates are running, then the chairman of the council will break the tie. The chairman of the council will not vote until a tie. They cannot be a voting delegate for their club.
Tentative Schedule of the County Council Meeting/Office Elections:
- 5:30 pm: Sign In/Meeting (all intent to run forms due before the meeting)
- 5:30-6:00pm: Speeches
- 6:00-6:30pm: Voting by Voting Delegates
- 6:30pm: Election Announcements
NOTE: If a candidate is not able to attend the election, then a videoed speech with the content above may be given on video and must be no longer than 2 minutes. Videos must be submitted no later than 12 noon on the day of Election. Videos must be either on a flash drive or put on YouTube with a link emailed to Micah Holcombe firstname.lastname@example.org