All 4-H members applying for awards must submit the appropriate paperwork and applications by June 24th!!! Award Interviews (Bronze, Silver, Gold/IDY) will be on July 9, 2019 at the Milam County Extension Office and is required for those applying for Star Awards and I Dare You. Recordbooks for county competition will be due June 24, 2019. If you do not complete your recordbook by the deadline, you will forfeit your award (only for awards requiring a recordbook or chosen as a mark on criteria awards). NEW: Awards age based on grade for 2018-2019 year.
Milam County 4-H Awards Banquet: September 8, 2019
- Rookie Award (3rd-12th Grade, 1st year 4-H member)
- Clover Award (Grades K-2)
- Honor Roll Award (Grades 3-5)
- All Star Award (Grades 6-8)
- Letterman Award (Grades 9-12)
- Senior Award (Graduates for 2020)
Star Awards/I Dare You Award (MUST COMPLETE RECORDBOOK AND PROVIDE COPY WITH APPLICATION) THESE AWARDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TURN IN LATE!:
- Bronze Star Award (Grades 3-5)
- Silver Star Award (Grades 6-8)
- Gold Star Award (Grades 9-12)/I Dare You Award (Grades 9-12)
The Milam County 4-H program has for many years awarded 1st time – 1st Place STATE winners with a 4-H green jacket. Winners need to download the form below and fill out. The deadline to return the order form is June 24th. The 4-Her will be recognized at the 4-H Banquet with their sponsor.
How to Qualify for a Milam County 4-H Jacket:
- A Milam County 4-H member is eligible to receive a 4-H jacket for their achievement in placing 1st in competition in a STATE 4-H competition.
★ Record book
★ Food show
★ Fashion show
★ State 4-H Roundup
★ State and National Shooting Sports
★ State 4-H Photography
★ Receive a Texas 4-H Foundation Scholarship
★ 4-H Identification or 4-H Judging team competition
★ Livestock Competition: Wins a class in any livestock competition showing under the title as a 4-H member at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, San Antonio Livestock Exposition, State Fair of Texas, Southwestern Livestock Show and Rodeo, Heart of Texas, El Paso Livestock Show, San Angelo Livestock Show, Belt Buckle Bonanza, Star of Texas or any State or National Junior Breeding Show. Open shows are not included in this award.
Cost of Jacket?
- The total cost of the jacket will be sponsored. A Thank You note is REQUIRED after the 4-H Banquet. Thank you notes are due 1 month after the Banquet to the Extension Office. NEW: Turn in Thank you notes to Extension Office with stamp and address on the envelope.
- A 4-Her may only win a jacket once. Those winning state jackets in the past can purchase the jacket for $40.