All 4-H members applying for awards must submit the appropriate paperwork and applications by June 20th!!! Award Interviews will be on June 30, 2016 at the Milam County Extension Office and is required for those applying for Star Awards and I Dare You. Recordbooks for county competition will be due June 20, 2016. If you do not complete your recordbook by the deadline, you will forfeit your award (only for awards requiring a recordbook or chosen as a mark on criteria awards). NEW: Awards age based on grade for 2015-2016 year.
Milam County 4-H Awards Banquet: September 11, 2016
- Rookie Award (Any Grade, 1st year 4-H member)
- Clover Award (Grades K-2)
- Honor Roll Award (Grades 3-5)
- All Star Award (Grades 6-8)
- Letterman Award (Grades 9-12)
- Senior Award (Graduates for 2017- THIS YEAR ONLY: 2016 Graduates can also apply)
Star Awards/I Dare You Award (MUST COMPLETE RECORDBOOK AND PROVIDE COPY WITH APPLICATION):
- Bronze Star Award (Grades 3-5)
- Silver Star Award (Grades 6-8)
- Gold Star Award (Grades 9-12)/I Dare You Award (Grades 9-12)
The Milam County 4-H program has for many years awarded 1st time – 1st Place STATE winners with a
4-H green jacket or blanket. Winners need to download the form below and fill out. The deadline to return the order form is June 20th. The 4-Her will be recognized at the 4-H Celebration with their sponsor.
A Milam County 4-H member is eligible to receive a 4-H jacket for their achievement in placing 1st in competition in a STATE 4-H competition.
★ Record book
★ Food show
★ Fashion show
★ State 4-H Roundup
★ State and National Shooting Sports
★ State 4-H Photography
★ Receive a Texas 4-H Foundation Scholarship
★ 4-H Identification or 4-H Judging team competition
★ Livestock Competition: Wins a class in any livestock competition showing under the title as a 4-H member at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, San Antonio Livestock Exposition, State Fair of Texas, Southwestern Livestock Show and Rodeo, Heart of Texas, El Paso Livestock Show, San Angelo Livestock Show, Belt Buckle Bonanza, Star of Texas or any State or National Junior Breeding Show. Open shows are not included in this award.
Cost of Jacket?
- The total cost of the jacket will be sponsored. A Thank You note is REQUIRED after the 4-H Celebration. Thank you notes are due 1 week after the Celebration to the County Extension Office. They must be turned in with a stamp.
- A 4-Her may only win a jacket once. THIS YEAR ONLY- 2016: Those winning state jackets or blankets in the past are able to purchase the jacket for $30.