Milam County 4-H provides 4-H members with day camps within Milam County as well as some District and State 4-H Camps. Below are some opportunities for the youth of Milam County to participate in.
Dates: July 8-10th
Deadline to register for County Camp (paperwork and money): June 1st
Location: Lakeview Methodist Conference Center, Palestine TX. (Transportation and all fees will be the responsibility of the parents)
Ages: for 4-H members grades 3rd-8th with 4-H members grades 9th-12th serving as Teen Leaders. (For school year 2021-2022)
Cost of Camp: $125 for campers and teen leaders, $85 for adult chaperones. Includes: meals, lodging, snacks and t-shirts
WANTED: Teen Leaders: Senior age 4-H members are needed to help as workshop leaders or group leaders. Please let County Extension Office know if you are interested in being a leader.
9-12th– Workshop Leaders
10-12th– Group Leaders
June 10th– Teen Leader Training, Waco, 9:30 AM (Mandatory for those wanting to be a workshop leader)
Forms and other camp information:
4-H Summer Day Camps Offered 2022:
Coming Soon- Cloverbuds Day Camp, 8am-12pm (K-2nd grade)
Coming Soon- 4-H Consumer Camp, 8am-5pm (3-12th grade- incoming 2021-2022 year)
Coming Soon- 4-H Food Camp, 8am-5pm (3-12th grade- incoming 2021-2022 year)
ALL REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE membership in 4-H! Enroll on 4-H Online.
2022 District 8 Surge
- Event: District 8 SURGE
- Dates: June 21-23, 2022
- Location: Camp Buckner, Burnett, TX
- Cost: $225 per youth participant, $175 per adult
- If you have any 4-H members interested in running for office, please read the information on the D8 4-H Council page. http://agrilife.org/d84h/district-4-h-council/
District Council Officer:
- By Friday, May 20 – Sign up for SURGE on 4-H Connect
- By Friday, May 20 – Complete the application materials in hard copy and on 4-H Connect
- Includes a pdf of the signed D8 4-H Council Agreement (Member and parent signature)
- Texas 4-H Council Signature pages (if running for Texas 4-H Council qualifying position) (Youth, parent agent signature)
- Application questions to be answered.
- Digital Poster email
- Please also note the procedures related to an impromptu question, interview, election process, and a few other details!
- Friday, June 3, 2022 – Participate in a face-to-face interview in Waco area. Interviews will begin at approximately 11:00 am.
All of this information can also be found on the D8 4-H website on the Council page: