Milam County 4-H provides 4-H members with day camps within Milam County as well as some District and State 4-H Camps. Below are some opportunities for the youth of Milam County to participate in.
Dates: July 8-10th
Deadline to register for County Camp (paperwork and money): June 1st
Location: Lakeview Methodist Conference Center, Palestine TX. (Transportation and all fees will be the responsibility of the parents)
Ages: for 4-H members grades 3rd-8th with 4-H members grades 9th-12th serving as Teen Leaders. (For school year 2021-2022)
Cost of Camp: $125 for campers and teen leaders, $85 for adult chaperones. Includes: meals, lodging, snacks and t-shirts
WANTED: Teen Leaders: Senior age 4-H members are needed to help as workshop leaders or group leaders. Please let County Extension Office know if you are interested in being a leader.
9-12th– Workshop Leaders
10-12th– Group Leaders
June 10th– Teen Leader Training, Waco, 9:30 AM (Mandatory for those wanting to be a workshop leader)
Forms and other camp information:
4-H Summer Day Camps Offered 2022:
FriYAY 4-H Day Camp- June 17th
FriYAY 4-H Day Camp: We do plan to have our 4-H Day Camp on June 17th from 9am-4pm called FriYAY 4-H Day Camp. Cloverbuds will be from 9am-12pm. In the morning will be for all kids but mostly geared toward cloverbuds and then the afternoon will be geared for the older kids 3rd grade and up. We will be doing cooking, consumer, fashion, and a lot of other activities! Come join us! Lunch will be served for all kids attending. Camp will be held at the Cameron Housing Authority. Sign up quick to get a spot! Sign up here: https://forms.gle/XNeS9VKPdMG9scPJ9 Deadline to sign up is June 10th.
ALL REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE membership in 4-H! Enroll on 4-H Online.
2022 District 8 Surge
- Event: District 8 SURGE
- Dates: June 21-23, 2022
- Location: Camp Buckner, Burnett, TX
- Cost: $225 per youth participant, $175 per adult
- If you have any 4-H members interested in running for office, please read the information on the D8 4-H Council page. http://agrilife.org/d84h/district-4-h-council/
District Council Officer:
- By Friday, May 20 – Sign up for SURGE on 4-H Connect
- By Friday, May 20 – Complete the application materials in hard copy and on 4-H Connect
- Includes a pdf of the signed D8 4-H Council Agreement (Member and parent signature)
- Texas 4-H Council Signature pages (if running for Texas 4-H Council qualifying position) (Youth, parent agent signature)
- Application questions to be answered.
- Digital Poster email
- Please also note the procedures related to an impromptu question, interview, election process, and a few other details!
- Friday, June 3, 2022 – Participate in a face-to-face interview in Waco area. Interviews will begin at approximately 11:00 am.
All of this information can also be found on the D8 4-H website on the Council page: