It is that time again for graduating seniors to start applying for college and filling out scholarships! Seniors need to apply for their colleges/universities NOW!!! Acceptance for some schools will come as early as November. It is better on a scholarship to have been accepted already to a school. So apply NOW for school!!!
Scholarships are also starting to come open and ready for applications. Make sure and watch the newsletter and the Milam County 4-H Website for those scholarship application deadlines. It is always being updated with new scholarships and deadlines.
The biggest thing your graduating seniors needs to be doing right now is completing their FAFSA BEFORE December and apply for college RIGHT NOW.
District Scholarship Training has been recorded. Missed the live training? Watch the recording by clicking here!
Other resources: http://agrilife.org/d84h/scholarships/
Scholarship Resource: https://www.educationunlimited.com/blog/top-5-universities-in-the-us-worth-considering/
Examples of Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarships:
Blackland Income Growth Scholarship
Below are the guidelines and application for the 2022 Blackland Income Growth Scholarship. Applications must be postmarked by Friday, November 12, 2021 and mailed to the District 8 office in Stephenville.
- There will be ten (10) Blackland Income Growth scholarships awarded for the amount of $1000 each.
- There will be one (1) Scott Felton Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded for the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agribusiness. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- There will be one (1) Ronald C. Woolley Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded for the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agriculture. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- The same application will be used for both scholarships.
- Recipients will only be eligible to receive one of the above-mentioned scholarships.
The guidelines and application are attached and are posted on the BIG page soon at the following link:
Rockdale Fair Scholarship
The postmark deadline is April 1, 2022. Please note update: All funds must be used within one year of high school graduation.
Interviews will be held at the New Salem Clubhouse at Fair Park, Rockdale,Tx on April 12, 2022. I will email each applicant to schedule an interview time.
Milam County Area Go Texan Scholarship
Due: April 7, 2022
2022 Go Texan Scholarship Official UPDATED VERSION 2-15-22
Milam County 4-H Foundation Scholarship
In Memory of Chris Holcombe former Milam County Extension Agent – FCH
Maximum of Four $500 Scholarships Presented
- Must be an active 4-H member in Milam County (according to 4-H Online) for at least four years of high school.
- Must be active in at least two 4-H projects.
- Must have completed at least one 4-H record book during high school.
- 4-Her must be pursuing a course of higher education (Baccalaureate, Associate or Technical).
- Selection Committee will interview and score applications. Only applicants receiving 65 points or more on their application will be interviewed by the Selection Committee and be considered for scholarships.
- Attach a copy of your official high school transcript showing standardized test(s) scores for graduation and ACT and/or SAT test scores. (Must show grades through Fall semester of the senior year.)
- All applications will be judged by an appointed committee. Applications will be judged on 4-H leadership, 4-H community service, 4-H experiences and high school grades.
- Completed application and high school transcript must be submitted to the Milam County Extension – Office by May 3, 2022.
- Complete the bottom portion of the paperwork or attach the Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship Application Documents.
District 8 TAE4-HYDP Scholarship
Please share the D8 TAE4-HYDP Scholarship Application with any of your graduating senior 4-H members!
The application and guidelines can be found at: https://agrilife.org/d84h/scholarships/
District 8 Texas Association of Extension 4-H Agents (TAE4-HYDP) Scholarship
This is a NEW format this year so please pay attention to the submission guidelines and requirements.
- Application due by May 21, 2021.
- District 8 4-H members who do NOT receive a 4-H Foundation or Terry Foundation scholarship are eligible to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee. All decisions are final.
- Applications must be complete in order to be accepted.
- This scholarship is available to 4-H members who plan to attend a college, university, or technical school in Texas or out-of-state.
- Please make sure to upload your official transcript & 2 letters of recommendation. (Letters of recommendation will need to be saved as one file.)
Applications are being accepted for the Christine Holcombe Memorial Scholarship. Funds for this scholarship were raised at the Mardi Gras Bash held in February.
Applicants must have completed at least one year of college and must be a former Milam county resident or have graduated from a Milam county high school. Applications are due by June 15, 2018. To obtain an application please email email@example.com or see below. For more information please call 201-403-8185. We appreciate the support the community has given at each year’s Mardi Gras Bash.
The completed application, with a copy of your college transcript(s) must be emailed directly to the Chris Holcombe Memorial Scholarship Committee at the email address below. Scholarship application must be received by the deadline. Deadline: June 2021 firstname.lastname@example.org
When they return it please put in the subject line “2021 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR _____________(YOUR NAME)________”
Helpful Links for Graduating High School Students:
- Temple High School Scholarship List
- Texas 4-H Scholarship Website
- “Student Savings: The Ultimate Scholarship Resource Guide”-http://www.shopsleuth.com/resources/scholarship-guide