Have you ever thought about doing a recordbook? A recordbook is good for those who want to keep records of their 4-H career, win awards for resumes, or help you with filling out your scholarship applications. All seniors who complete a recordbook say that it helped them with filling out their scholarship applications a lot.
Dates to Remember
It is best you start NOW on your recordbook!!! It is way easier for all ages now so get started and be ahead of the game!!!
RECORDBOOKS DUE:June 23, 2020
This event was supposed to be held June 23rd but will be done differently this year. We will not be conducting a face to face judging. Below is the new timeline for this year.
- June 5: Recordbook Registration form DEADLINE: https://forms.gle/4o8gfHoY376QG6Xe6
- June 8: Release of Entries (competitors have a chance to change categories)
- June 10: Deadline to notify change of category
- June 12: Release of New Entry List
- June 15: All Individual recordbooks DUE (if they want reviewed and “judged”)
- June 22: All recordbooks DUE and CLOVER KID BOOKS
- June 23-25: Recordbooks Judged (those who are competing against each other)
- June 26: Recordbooks can be picked up from office to be edited before District
- July 7: All recordbooks due back for District Judging
- July 9: District Recordbook Judging
“For the Record” is the Texas 4-H and Youth Development Program’s record keeping program. It is a two part educational process that teaches basic record keeping skills and then allows a 4-H member to participate in the record book competition.
NEW!!!!! 2020 FORMS: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/recordbooks/
Recordbook-Categories (in family guide)
recordbook_powerpoint_19_20_release102019 (1) PRESENTATION at TRAINING
recordbook_form_release102019 (WITHOUT TABLES)
New Examples!!! as 6-5-2013
- Recordbook Example #1: Sport-fishing Senior
- Recordbook Example #2: Photography Senior
- Recordbook Example #3: Food and Nutrition Senior (Story Only)
Examples to help assist you with recordbooks (Note: these are past recordbooks, but will help with writing the new ones and wording):
- Recordbook Example #1: Cattle
- Recordbook Example #2: Vet Science
- Recordbook Example #3: Beef Story
- Recordbook Example #4: Rabbits
- Recordbook Example #5: Meat goats
- Recordbook Example #6: Dog Eye View